Got a summons from the court and are clueless about it? Ask the experts and understand bail bonds. There are many types of bail bonds and ways to manage legal documentation. Get expert advice to sort your legal matters.
What is a bail bond?
It is a surety agreement that is against the amount of bail to the court. It is a contract by any criminal or the civil defendant with the court. The surety money is part payment to the court against the whole bailing sum. The bail amount is an enormous sum, and therefore, the defendant and court agree to pay a small fee in return as a guarantee to pay the whole sum. The bondsman co-signs the bail bond who guides in the entire process.
The major types of bail bonds are
- Civil bail bonds – The bonds that are for civil cases. That means the defendant guarantees to pay off all the dues with interest to the court.
- Criminal bail bonds– The bonds that are for criminal cases. The rules are stricter, and the defendant must follow the court’s ruling, which includes paying off the bond amount. The amount consists of penalties and fees for the court.
Bail vs. bond
Bail and bond are inter-reliant but, bail is different from the bail bond. Bail is the amount due to the court by the defendant for release. This amount is a vast sum, and hence, the defendant may struggle to pay it off. The court expects the entire payment in cash.
However, the bail bond is the agreement made over the bail amount. It is 10% of the total bail amount. The defendant agrees to pay the partial fee against the bond to the court. A bail bondsman is an expert who guides on obtaining the bond.The defendant pays a small portion of the bail amount and agrees to pay the rest of the penalty with collateral to the court.
Types of criminal bail bonds
- Surety bond – This is the most standard form of bail bond. The amount against the agreement is 10% of the total bail amount to the court. When the accused cannot pay off the amount to the court, the bond agent pays off to the officiating judge. The bail bondsman manages the paperwork and appears in the court to pledge on behalf of the accused.
- Property bond – This bond is when any house or personal possession is against the bail amount to the court; it is a property bond. The court puts a lien or a claim against the property. The court forfeits the possession against the bail sum if the accused fails to appear in the court on summon day. You can gather more details on this from bail bond Columbus Ohio.
- Citation release– Cite out is another name for the release of citation. The Cite officer issues a citation to the accused on any traffic offense. Failure to appear in court results in an arrest warrant.
Other primary criminal bail bonds are cash bond, immigration bond, and personal recognizance.
- Banco4 years ago
- Gaming3 years ago
NBA 2K21 Best Controller Settings
- Social Media3 years ago
How to prepare a publication schedule
- Indonesia3 years ago
Serial Number CorelDraw X7 Aktivasi Kode 64/32 Bit | Dijamin Bisa
- Filmora3 years ago
Wondershare Filmora 9 Activation Key and Email Free 2020
- Education1 year ago
Juan Monteverde on the Unexpected Costs of Corporate Fraud
- Indonesia3 years ago
Mangastream – 15 Alternatif Terbaik untuk Membaca Manga Online 
- Education3 years ago
28 Best Bane Quotes From The Movie “The Dark Knight Rises”